CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 4 hrs | Total Time: 4 hrs 10 mins | Servings: 8
Easy chicken and dumplings made in the crockpot! I use biscuit dough for easy, fluffy dumplings every time!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) cream of chicken
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 package 8-count refrigerated biscuit dough
- Add all of the ingredients except for the biscuit dough to a 6 quart slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- When chicken is cooked through and tender, use two forks to shred the meat. Stir to combine.
- Open the can of biscuits and press each biscuit flat. Cut the biscuits into narrow strips and add to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until the biscuits are cooked. Biscuits should be light and fluffy when finished.
- Serve immediately.
Be sure to flatten the biscuits before cutting or they will not cook through properly.
Cook times may vary depending on your specific slow cooker.