These Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are naturally sweetened with maple syrup, and packed full of healthy ingredients you can feel good about. They make a perfect after workout snack, make ahead breakfast or a snack for kids and toddlers!
Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Course: Baked Goods/Breads
- Cuisine: American
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Servings: 12 Muffins
- Calories: 176kcal
- 2 ripe large bananas mashed
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup whole milk Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F degrees. Line a 12-count muffin pan with muffin liners or spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mashed bananas, maple syrup, yogurt, egg, milk, peanut butter and vanilla together until smooth..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix the batter or you will have tough muffins.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the muffin cups. (I use an ice cream scoop for easy portioning). Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F degrees. Keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake for another 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely before freezing. Muffins will keep well in the freezer for up to 3 months, or in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 203mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 0.8mg