Baked Ziti is a family favorite dinner that’s made even easier when you “bake” it in an Instant Pot! 15 minutes start to finish and only a few simple ingredients. Your family will love this perfect baked ziti recipe.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Italian
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Pressure Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed (I use garlic paste OR chopped garlic in a jar)
- 1 box (16 oz) ziti pasta
- 1 can (15 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Spray the insert of a 6 QT Instant Pot with cooking spray. Pour in the chicken broth and then the heavy whipping cream. It’s important to pour them in separately and the chicken broth needs to be first.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic into the liquid.
- Add the pasta but DO NOT STIR. If there is a mound of pasta or pasta that is sticking way out of the liquid, then gently press it down with a wooden spoon or spatula but do not stir it into the liquid!
- Evenly pour the crushed tomatoes over the pasta, and then sprinkle the basil and oregano over top the tomatoes. DO NOT STIR!
- Secure the lid of the Instant Pot and set the valve to the ‘sealing’ position. Select ‘manual’ (or ‘pressure cooker’ if that’s what your IP has) and change the time to 5 minutes cook time. It will take about 8 minutes to come to pressure and then the 5 minute cook time will start.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes (meaning do not unseal the valve just let the IP sit there for 10 minutes after the cook time), and then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir everything together until it’s well combined.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese and/or chopped fresh basil if wanted.
In place of the fresh garlic you can use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder if wanted.
Normally I can only find a 29 oz can of crushed tomatoes so I measure out 1 1/2 cups of crushed tomatoes and use that in the recipe. Then you can make this recipe twice with the remaining crushed tomatoes.