Whether you’re working on making your weekly meal prep easier, or need a quick and simple recipe for weeknight dinners, this recipe has all my secrets for the best baked chicken breast guaranteed to come out perfectly juicy every single time.
The Best Baked Chicken Breast
Each bone-in baked chicken breast yields about 2 cups of meat. Bake more or less chicken breasts according to your needs. As always when you work with raw chicken, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly between steps to avoid cross-contamination.
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 2 chicken breasts yield 4 cups of chicken meat
- Calories: 426.4 kcal
- 2 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3-4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Trim the chicken breasts of any extra fat tendrils and gently work your fingers under the skin and work half of the butter under the skin of each chicken breast, working it so spreads evenly. Drizzle each chicken breast with half of the olive oil and lightly pat so it evenly covers. Season each chicken breast with half of the kosher salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165-170°F and the juices run clear, then let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for 3 months.