10. Spicy foods cause redness and puffiness.
Spicy foods can cause rosacea on your skin since it dilates the blood vessels. This, in turn, can cause skin to look red, blotchy, and less youthful. There is nothing bad about eating something spicy occasionally, but regular flare-ups could lead to spider veins, puffiness, and/or permanent redness.
Bonus: Products that keep your skin young
Here is a list of the best products that will help you keep your skin looking fresh and young:
- Pomegranates: contain vitamins and antioxidants, help fight off sun damage.
- Extra virgin olive oil: contains omega 3 and fatty acids that are good for the skin.
- Blueberries: are rich in antioxidants, they help to keep blood vessels elastic and lower blood pressure.
- Green tea: helps to prevent oxidative damage to your skin from UV radiation.
- Green leafy vegetables: like spinach and kale are anti-inflammatory vegetables that fight against aging and are packed with vitamins K, A, C, and E.
- Fatty fish: like salmon, tuna, sardines, and mackerel are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids that reduce inflammatory conditions.
- Water: plays the most important role in fighting the aging process. Drink it to keep your organs and joints functioning well, to support your metabolic processes, and to hydrate your skin.
Eating healthy is not easy sometimes! Did we mention any of your favorite products here? Will it be easy for you to reduce sugar and salt consumption? Share with us in the comment section!